Freedom for Veterans, Dogs with a Mission.
Your generous donation helps fundamentally transform the lives of our veterans, their families, and our communities. In 2020, over 97% of our expenses were directly related to our programs for veterans and service dogs.
Support Our Work
Inspire Our Veterans
Veterans served our country; now it’s our turn to serve them. Your generous donation helps us create a transformative difference in the lives of veterans and their families. Pairing veterans with service dogs provides them with hope for the future.
Believet™ is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization; all contributions are tax-deductible.
How your gift helps:
- $30,000 Completely covers the cost of adopting, caring for, and training a dog for service with a disabled or injured veteran.
- $5,000 The kennel and boarding costs for 1 service dog for 6 months.
- $3,000 Provides a veteran with board and lodging for 21 days of training.
- $2,400 Provides annual vaccinations for 16 service dogs.
- $2,000 Pays spay/neuter fees for 8 service dogs.
- $1,000 Feeds 24 service dogs for a month.
- $500 Covers the adoption fee, spray/neuter, or vaccinations for a shelter dog.
- $250 Pays for dental cleaning and care, spay or neuter a service dog, and/or obtain other health clearances.
- $150 Vaccinates a service dog for a year, pays for a wellness check from our veterinarians, or buys a new crate.
- $40 Feeds a service dog for a month.
- $25 Provides a service dog vest, a gentle leader, ear wash, nail clippers, shampoo, or heartworm tests for our service dogs.
- $10 Covers one month’s flea and tick treatment, heart-worm prevention, training rewards and treats, or publicity materials such as flyers and postage for events.
How to Give
Click the Donate button below to donate online using either a credit card or ACH bank account. On the form, you will see options to give a recurring donation, or make a tribute donation in the memory of or in honor of someone special.
Donate to a Fundraiser
Donate to a fundraiser or Matching Challenge of your choice, or become an event sponsor.
Click the Fundraiser Donation button below to donate online using either a credit card or ACH bank account.
To donate by mail, please send your donation to the address below:
P.O Box 385
Northfield, MN 55057
Donations Frequently Asked Questions
To view the answer to each question, click the (+) symbol on the right:
Where do BelieVet's funds come from?
The majority of Believet’s funds come from public donations. Believet does apply for and receives grants from foundations and trusts as well as state and federal grants.
Does Believet receive funding from the VA?
At this time, the VA does not give grants to service dog organizations for psychiatric service dogs that aid with PTSD and related symptoms. A bill was passed recently requiring the VA to provide funding for such accredited organizations.
If I make a donation, how will my money be used?
In 2020, 97% of our expenses were directly related to our programs for veterans and service dogs.
Is my donation tax deductible and will I get verification of my donation for tax purposes?
Yes, If you donate by mail, you will receive a letter of acknowledgement with tax deduction information for your donation via mail. If you donate online, you will receive a donation receipt with tax deduction information.